Philadelphia Women's Missionary Society, 1932

1932-04-17-PA-MasuPulcins.jpg

Dublin Core

Title: Philadelphia Women's Missionary Society, 1932
Subject: Latvian Baptists in West Philadelphia
Description: Members of the Women's Missionary Society (Māsu misiones pulciņš) of the First Lettish Baptist Church of Philadelphia sit for a photograph on April 17, 1932. The society began its work in 1894. According to an article by Alma Treyan published June 1, 1932, in the Rīga-based Baptist journal Kristīga Balss, those pictured in the first row (left to right) are L. Gertz, M. Upmal (founding member), E. Krastin, M. Licke (founding member), R. Inke, M. Fischer, K. Sommer, L. Girgen, and L. Upeneek. In the second row (left to right) are S. Grikman (former chair), J. Egle (former chair), M. Pluhme (former chair), A. Treyan (secretary), A. Yunag (vice chair), Natalija Peterson (chair), M. Brenson (treasurer), L. Robinson (learned secretary), J. Luhks (manager), and A. Johnson (officer). In the third row (from left to right) are E. Fuhrman, E. Luhks, M. Pawelkop, A. Aldin, J. Krusen, A. Yunag, and L. Spruhde. In the fourth row (from left to right) are M. Stanislaw, A. Smit, K. Lukewitz, M. Dambis, L. Fischer, L. Reke, E. Johnson, M. Kamer, and A. Spruhde.
Source: From the collection of Elsie Lagsdon, courtesy of Silvia Augstroze.
Date: April 17, 1932
Rights: All rights reserved
Format: JPEG
Type: Image
Coverage: Philadelphia, 1932

Citation

“Philadelphia Women's Missionary Society, 1932,” Latvian Baptists in America, 1890-1940, accessed November 29, 2022, https://baptists.straumanis.com/document/32.