|1932||Philadelphia Women's Missionary Society, 1932||Latvian Baptists in West Philadelphia||Members of the Women's Missionary Society (Māsu misiones pulciņš) of the First Lettish Baptist Church of Philadelphia sit for a photograph on April 17, 1932. The society began its work in 1894. According to an article by Alma Treyan published June 1, 1932, in the Rīga-based Baptist journal Kristīgā Balss, those pictured in the first row (left to right) are L. Gertz, M. Upmal (founding member), E. Krastin, M. Licke (founding member), R. Inke, M. Fischer, K. Sommer, L. Girgen, and L. Upeneek. In the second row (left to right) are S. Grikman (former chair), J. Egle (former chair), M. Pluhme (former chair), A. Treyan (secretary), A. Yunag (vice chair), Natalija Peterson (chair), M. Brenson (treasurer), L. Robinson (learned secretary), J. Luhks (manager), and A. Johnson (officer). In the third row (from left to right) are E. Fuhrman, E. Luhks, M. Pawelkop, A. Aldin, J. Krusen, A. Yunag, and L. Spruhde. In the fourth row (from left to right) are M. Stanislaw, A. Smit, K. Lukewitz, M. Dambis, L. Fischer, L. Reke, E. Johnson, M. Kamer, and A. Spruhde.|
|1917||Martin Treyan's military draft registration||Latvian Baptists in West Philadelphia||Martin Treyan's military draft registration card, submitted June 5, 1917, shows his place of birth as Sakkenhausen, Russia, which today is Saka Parish in Latvia. At the time he registered, Treyan was employed as a carpenter in Chester, Pennsylvania.|
|1922||Insurance map, West Philadelphia, 1922||West Philadelphia||A page from Insurance maps of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Vol.14, 1922, created by the Sanborn Map Company of New York. The specific page 1354 shows a section of Ward 24 in West Philadelphia where many Latvian Baptist immigrants lived in the early 20th century. At the southeast corner of Preston and Ogden streets is the Lettish Baptist Church.|
|ca. 1910||Library rules, Philadelphia||Library||Rules for use of the Philadelphia Latvian Baptist Youth Society's library, housed in the First Lettish Baptist Church, 855 Preston Street. Patrons could check out up to two books at a time and had to return them in two weeks' time. Photographed by Andris Straumanis.|
|ca. 1900||Kurmin (Kurmiņš) family in Russia||Latvian Baptists in Philadelphia||The Kurmin (Kurmiņš) family poses for a portrait, likely while still living in Russia. Pictured are Bertha, Tillie (Otilija), mother Leotte (née Petelowetz), father David, Robert, and Adolph.|
|1930||Philadelphia Latvian Baptist Church 30th Anniversary||Thirtieth anniversary of the Philadelphia Latvian Baptist Church||A photographic montage, created by Andrew R. Dravneek (Andrejs Dravnieks) of New York, to mark the 30th anniversary of the Philadelphia Latvian Baptist Church. The congregation, which grew from the merger of two Latvian Baptist groups active in Philadelphia since the 1890s, was formally founded in 1900. The top two and the bottom three rows consist of images from the history of America and Philadelphia, according to a report by Dravneek in the July 15, 1930, issue of Kristīgā Balss, a Baptist periodical published in Latvia. The third and fourth rows consist of images from the Philadelphia congregation. In the middle of the third row is the Rev. John Daugmanis; directly below his portrait is an image of Deacon Peter Gertz next to the Rev. Daugmanis.|
|1934||Philadelphia Latvian Baptist Sunday School||Education||Pupils and teachers of the Philadelphia Latvian Baptist Sunday School pose for a photograph in the spring of 1934.|
|1912||Who Are the Letts?||Latvian Baptists||In 1912, as part of an appeal to raise money for a new church, the Rev. Jānis Kvietiņš, then pastor of the First Lettish Baptist Church of Philadelphia, wrote a 16-page pamphlet on the history of the Latvians titled Who are the Letts?: A short historical sketch of the Letts and the First Baptist Church of Philadelphia.|
|ca. 1920||The Rev. Pēteris Bušmanis||Pēteris Bušmanis||The Rev. Pēteris Bušmanis, pastor of the First Lettish Baptist Church of Philadelphia, poses ca. 1920 for a photograph on the steps of a home.|
|1913-1917||Jaunā Tēvija||Immigrant press||Jaunā Tēvija (The New Homeland) was an illustrated monthly for Latvian-Americans that was published by Andrejs J. Fūrmanis (Andrew J. Fuhrman) beginning in September 1913. The journal was religious (Baptist) and nationalist in tone. Its editorial office originally was at 787 North Preston St., Philadelphia, but as of the October 1915 issue it moved to Bradley Beach, N.J.
Until February 1916, the cover of the magazine featured a stylized "Jaunā Tēvija" title floating above an image of the Statue of Liberty shining a beam of light from its torch onto a passenger ship named "Baltija" as it steams toward a dock, where a standing Uncle Sam waits with outstretched arms. With the February 1916 issue (which also saw a change from the glossy covers of earlier issues), a stylized title remained, but now it floated above a pair of images drawn by Gustavs Aboltiņš. In one, on the left side of the cover, the sun rises on what can be assumed to be a scene in Latvia, while on the right side a young woman reads Jaunā Tēvija.